SJ3-VR STREAMJET TIPS
The SJ3-VR line of variable rate fertilizer spray tips feature a variable diameter orifice that produces a wide range of flow rates – it’s like having five-tips in one. This allows for a wider range of ground speeds and/or application rates from a single tip for improved productivity. These tips are also ideal for variable rate prescription map applications. The elastomer metering orifice provides consistent flow rate performance while utilizing a simple, reliable design with no springs or moving parts.
Whatever your source of Nitrogen at seeding time, you already have top-dress capable, variable rate applicator on the farm: your Sprayer!
Using the Stream-Jet SJ3-VR stream tips you will get a band of fertilizer about every 6 ¾ inches allowing for the N to be easily accessible to the plants. Spray Tip manufacturers spend countless dollars and hours getting the precise droplet size so the chemical being sprayed stays on the plant, the large stream and droplets from the Stream-Jet tips that happen will touch the leaf on the way to the ground will roll off will ease.
If you are thinking that your sprayer is acre maxed out already and there is not enough time use the sprayer to apply fertilizer as well, we have a question for you: Do you every wish you could spray while it was raining? When there is a 60km/h wind do you just sit in your sprayer and think if I don’t go to fast and keep my booms low it probably won’t drift? Well top dressing fertilizer does not require good conditions to go, in fact, if it is raining or going to rain in the near future that is the perfect time to get out there. (Unless you got the Gumbo…) it will drive the Nutrients down into the root zone and the plants will start to uptake it immediately.
Please check out our quick reference chart that shows rates of 28-0-0, LBS of actual N applied with speed and pressure and consider if this is a fit for your operation.
- SJ3-VR tip produces three identical fluid streams for excellent distribution quality in directed applications.
- Quick TeeJet® cap included for easy installation.
- Solid stream pattern minimizes leaf burn and virtually eliminates drift.
- Acetal body and deflector plate construction for good wear life and chemical resistance.
- Simple, elastomer (EPDM) variable orifice for reliable operation.
- Recommended operating pressure: 20-100 PSI (1.5-7.0 bar).
- SJ3-VR are intended for use with flow meter based control systems only.
- Multiple capacities available for a wider range of application rates.