The most valuable piece of any farm operations is the soil in which the crops grow. We need to manage this resource carefully to promote long term sustainability on our farms. There is no bad time to get in touch with your soils to plan a multi year crop plan. The sooner you sample, the sooner you can start working to enhance your fields potential. Below are a few good reasons to soil sample and the equipment available to do it.
Know your fertility:
- Soils vary field to field and even zone to zone within the field
- Without a soil analysis, it is nearly impossible to determine what a soil needs to be productive
Avoid degradation of your soil:
- With yields trending higher each year, your crops are removing more and more nutrients from the soil
- In zones where the soil is deficient, you may need substantially more nutrients that the crop removes to balance the soils and improve productivity
Avoid over fertilization:
- The parent materials of your soil cause them to be naturally low or high in certain nutrients, and can adjust your fertilization plan based on soil sampling results.
- Over application of nutrients can lead to at best wasted input costs, or at worst environmental damage to water ways and sensitive areas.
Soil Sampling Equipment
Pattison Liquid Systems is dealer for different variations of soil samplers to fit your needs. We stock complete units as well as maintain a large inventory of replacement components.
- Hand soil sampler
- The 24 inch T handle soil sampler comes with a 15 inch probe and allows you to do quick soil samples across your field.
- ATV Mount Soil Sampler
- 2024 ATV models have automated collection of up to 20 samples. The ATV models have a smaller, lighter platform, so a specially designed, carbide-tipped auger allows sampling of all types of soil, including frozen ground. The extremely fast cycle time of 10-22 seconds lets you collect more samples in less time to cover your fields faster.
- Truck Mount Soil Sampler
- Model 2450 Truck Mount Soil Sampler is engineered to automatically collect up to 25 samples. The push-button controls with 10 foot cord let you collect samples without having to get out of the pickup cab with sample depths of 0-24 inches.
- In-Cab Soil Sampler
- Model 2400 In-Cab Soil Sampler sample through frozen ground and allows the operator to quick collect samples without having to get out of the cab. The push-button controls with 10 foot cord let you collect samples right from your drivers seat with sample depths of 0-24 inches.
If you have any questions please give us a call @ 1-866-509-0715 or send us an email email@example.com
The page above has reference material from: https://sylvite.ca/5-reasons-to-soil-sample/